Going with a metal roofing system for your home will benefit you and your family in many ways, both in the short and long run.
For starters, metal roofing is a much more efficient, practical, and affordable solution for preserving the integrity of your home, as well as saving you a multitude of other costs in the process.
There are many reasons why you should consider metal roofing, so read on to review the Top 10 reasons to invest in metal roofing the next time you consider repairing or replacing your current roof.
1. For starters, going with a metal roofing system means you’ll have the best roofing installation and materials in the market when it comes to preventing fires. Metal roofs, by industrial standards, are Class A which is the highest class for preventing fires, making them practically “fireproof.”
2. While competing for roof setups rely on materials like asphalt that only last an average of 15-20 years, metal roofing in almost every instance will last between 30-50 years, and in many cases will include up to a 50-year manufacturer’s warranty.
3. A metal roof is a perfect solution if you live in an exceptionally sunny or hot climate, as metal roofing will reflect UV rays and thereby prevent any UV damage and the unwanted wear and tear that comes along with it.
4. Unlike wooden or concrete tile roofs, metal roofing won’t dry out, crack, or ‘curl.’ Also consider, concrete roofing systems although quite durable, do not hold up well against freeze/thaw cycles which are a major drawback regarding stability or your roofs overall integrity or longevity.
5. A Metal Roof will retain both its strength and cosmetic appearance over the years while competing and often more expensive roofing materials will not – and also require more consistent, extensive and costly repairs from maintenance over the years.
6. If you’re looking for the most environmentally-friendly solution for your next roof, then metal roofing is the perfect solution! According to statistics, more than 20 billion pounds of asphalt shingles are dumped in land-fills yearly! While metal roofs, on the other hand, are made from 56% all the way up to 95% in recycled materials.
7. Metal roofs are unique, as they can minimize labor and cost while maximizing convenience by being placed on top of current roofing setups, and for a fraction of the price of other leading inrdustry materials and brands.
8. Going with a metal roofing installation also means saved costs on insurance, as home insurance companies give preference and discounts to those with metal roofs in comparison to other materials. In fact, in the course of having to replace your asphalt shingle roofs twice over the period of 30 years, you’d still have the same, durable, and brilliant metal roof up and running just fine, for 50 years or more!
9. Metal roofs serve a great added purpose of saving you costs for heating or air-conditioning your home, as it is the industry’s leading material for effectively preserving insulation.
10. For anyone interested in investing in a metal roof it’s also worth considering that metal roofing is one of the most lightweight in the industry – at just an average of 50-150lbs per square. This means an easier and faster installation, which amounts to fewer labor costs for installation – as well as maintenance costs.
Trusting metal roofing for your next home installation repair or repair also offers many other benefits, like structuring your roof to have minimum roof pitch, which equals less of a leaking potential when it rains. The minimum metal roof pitch is 3-in-12 and is excellent for shedding away both rain and snow – as the panels interlock.
Metal roofs are also made both hard for durability, as well as slippery for keeping debris and other elements from weathering off your roof. Best of all, there are practically identical amounts of various beautiful styles of metal roofing to choose from, that will match any home or neighborhood.
Finally, metal roofing installations come with concealed fasteners which add both to beauty and weather tightness, and many have transferable warranties which mean the next owner of your home can easily obtain the same benefits and guarantee of your homes roof.
From Kynar 500 to Hylar 5000 coatings, there is a metal roofing setup for everyone in nearly any climate!
image credit: mrtwister