- The Characteristics associated with Website Campaign
- The particular Arguments Concerning Data Room
- As to why Data Storage space became the real key instruments in operation nowadays?
- The Little Known Secrets about Foriegn Data and just how it Functions
- The Hidden Fact Regarding Cloud Data: Will no longer a Secret
Author Archives: Marketing
Shingle roofs are gaining significant popularity in today’s modern homes, as well as those looking to upgrade their roofing systems without spending too much or losing out on long-term benefits of a stable, practical roof.
Below you’ll find the top 10 reasons why shingle roofing makes the most sense for your home and is in fact quite comparable to other, leading materials and roofing setups that easily cost up to four times or more of the price of shingle roofs.
1. Shingle roofs provide the perfect solution for a more aesthetic appeal, yet cost a fraction of the price of more sophisticated or costly premium material roofing like slate, clay tiles, metal, and cedar shakes. Shingle roofs require the lowest upfront costs, and because it is the most affordable short-term solution is becoming more popular. In fact, asphalt shingle roofs, for example, have an expected lifespan of at least 12 to 17 years, which is pretty fair considering the costs paid and overall quality.
2. Going with a shingle roofing setup means you’ll be able to choose from not only a comparably similar variety of colors and styles but also between organic and fiberglass tiling options.
3. A shingle roof setup will still hold up to rain and other common weather elements, and typically either include a unique mineral ‘filler’ or asphalt layer that protects and reflects both sun and rain.
4. Organic shingles are more durable than other fiberglass shingle roofing systems, yet cost much less. Customers can also invest in not only 3-Tab shingle tiles but also Laminated and Premium designs as well – making them the perfect match for both contemporary and traditional styled homes.
3-Tab shingles are practical and often come with 20-30 years of limited warranty – and can also withstand up to 60mph-70mph wind uplift which is pretty impressive. At approximately just $25-$30 per bundle, this is a very cost effective way of both protecting and giving your home the stylish appearance you desire.
5. Any average roofing contractor can install shingle roofing, which means less out of pocket costs as opposed to requiring a specialist to install your roofing system.
6. Shingle roofing systems are much lighter, which means they are not only easier to install as mentioned above, but will also cost less money, and be more flexible when it comes to windy days, which is a major plus.
7. For matching a broad range of angled roofs, shingle roofs are the perfect, versatile solution.
8. You may choose from a variety of premium grades or types of shingle roofing, such as laminated or premium. Outside of these two, you may also elect to go with a “matt design” which means both more reflection of light, as well as a more durable build that will provide an excellent cost to value for weather resistant design. Assembling shingle roofs also require no accessories or specialized labor like wall terminations, chimney, or vent flashings which mean you again save money on installation.
9. Installing a shingle roof will still give the same, desirable “3D” effect for your house without the extra costs of a more specialized, costly, and expensive to maintain roofing system.
10. Shingle roofs are designed with a Class 1 Fire Rating which means they’ll hold up very well in normal hot temperatures – within reason – although would not be an ideal choice for consistently humid and hot climates, in places such as Arizona or Florida for example.
Shingle roofs come in various, stunning color palettes, and even protect against external noise – so your home stays both safe and peaceful. Popular choices for tile roofing are Crowne Salte and Cambridge. Many shingle roofing systems also come with impact resistance (IR) and are available in at least 12 colors.
A shingle roofing setup is also perfect for steep-sloped structures, which is not as common with more premium materials like clay tiles or cedar shakes.
Best of all, tile roofs require less maintenance, and it is nowhere near as costly as competing for roofing systems. You can even walk across your tile roofing and not have to worry about breaking or caving in your roof!
So, the bigger question is, why shouldn’t you get a tile roof?
Picture Credit: Darryl Brooks
Roof maintenance does not have to be difficult, disheartening, or impossible without shelling out tons of money to cover unwanted costs. In fact, quite the contrary, regular maintenance, and a quality roof setup are more than likely to last you at least 15 to 25 years on average. And, if you’ve just purchased a new home, then, one of your first major steps should be having either someone knowledgeable you trust, or a licensed professional come out and inspect it, to prevent any future excessive costs.
Regular inspections and basic roof maintenance like cleaning out the gutters or keeping an eye on things up there can make all the difference between making or breaking your roof.
On average, a roof will cost anywhere from $10,000 – $20,000 or more, depending on the type of roof you decide to go with, and the size of your home’s roof. For starters, an excellent routine to get into is checking the condition of your roof before and after every major season change. Also, inspect the condition of your roof tiles, gutters, and look out for any anomalies right before, and after any major storm or weather change. Often, you will be able to notice things like peeling, shattered tiles, missing tiles, cracks, or granules on your own – as you’ll know your roof better than anyone else. Although, ultimately, regular roof maintenance should include you putting special precautions in places, such as gutter screens, regular cleaning, and the unclogging of any irrigation systems tied to your roof.
Other common and effective roof maintenance are regularly inspecting your ceilings and roof for any unusual or unsafe wear and tears, such as mold – or breaking and cracks which could be serious cause for concern. Often, loose bolts or flashings are the culprit and can be easily fixed or replaced for just a few dollars – as opposed to the thousands of dollars it could cost you later on.
As far as cleaning and roof maintenance goes, you may be surprised to learn that there are several Do It Yourself (DIY) methods available using simply a broom and hose to clean up. Also, moss and mold removing cleaning agents can be helpful, and, in most cases, the majority of this type of regular cleaning and maintenance can be done for a fraction of the cost of a professional. Although, for those with less experience or a lack of tools and “know-how”, results can be poor, and it may very well be more affordable to have a professional come out and do it for the sake of preventing any accidents.
Speaking of assistance, always ensure you have a partner, or a “spotter” when using a ladder, and don’t ever rest your ladder on the gutters themselves. That is, as they are typically made of a thin metal which can bend (damaging your irrigation system), and can cause you to fall off your ladder.
Picture Credit: 3dman_eu