- 100% Free Online Dating Site
- asia charm
- Best Essay Writing Service
- Best Paper Writing Service
- Best Writing Services 2019
- bridge of love
- charm date
- cheap essays
- cherry blossoms
- College Paper Writing Services
- Dating Online Study
- Dissertation Service
- dream marriage
- elenas models
- essay writer
- Essay Writer Service
- Essay Writing Websites
- filipino cupid
- Find Long Term Love
- Foreign Women For Marriage
- love swans
- Metal Roofing
- New Russian Brides Profiles
- oemsoftwarestore org
- Order Essay Paper
- Pay For Essay
- Pay For Essay Reviews
- Professional Resume Writing Service
- research paper writing
- romance compass
- Roof maintenance
- Roof Repair
- Roof Replacement
- Roofing Company
- Roofing Contractor
- rose brides
- ru brides
- russian brides
- russian brides club
- russian girls
- russian women
- russian women personals
- Shingle Roofing
- Shingles Roof
- Students Essay Writing Service 2019
- Tile Roof
- ukraine date
- ukrainian brides
- victoria brides
- Write Essay For Me
- Write My Essay
- Write My Essay Online
- Write My Paper
Tag Archives: #metal roof
Posted on December 5, 2017 by
Roof maintenance is of so much importance for the home that to deny it would be insane. Your roof is the first defense for your home and its upkeep is of the most paramount importance.
The first of duties regarding roof maintenance is to do a regular inspection by yourself and your contracted roofing specialist. A quick glance is first to see if any objects are embedded in the roof. Look then for missing tiles or shingles. Look also for gaps and holes. Any of these could mean disaster if not repaired immediately. Even the smallest gap or opening should be investigated with scrutiny just to be on the safe side. Gutters along the roof should be checked for stability and clogging. Any indication of damage is a signpost for immediate attention. Your roofing contractor should have a routine inspection option and if not you should ask about it or make it a priority regarding your seeking a roof maintenance specialist.
ROUTINE ROOF MAINTENANCE
Routine roof maintenance means to tend to your roof on a yearly basis. Replace missing or loose tiles or shingles and keeping the roof clean. There are lots of tools for cleaning the roof but it may be wise to have a contractor do it. At a maximum once every five years should suffice but that is only if you do your roof inspections frequently, especially after extreme weather events like storms.
ANIMALS AND INSECTS
Only water damage and wind damage surpass the damage that animals and insects can do. Animals will find your roof the same protection priority that you do. They’ll notice how warm and dry it is inside your roof and will, if not prevented, tunnel in, dig in, upend your roof just to gain access inside your home and set up shop. Raccoon, possums, squirrels, bats, are the usual culprits here and they may be difficult to detect if you can’t hear them. This calls for inspecting not only the outside of the roof but the inside. Your attic should provide access here and looking behind and under everything in your attic to discover where the critters are hiding out. Once detected, don’t take them on single handed, let the professionals do it. You may need a pest control professional first, and then a roofing pro second. The pest control expert will dispatch the invaders without doing further damage and will recommend how to clean up afterward and prevent further incursions. Insects are the big nightmare here. They can lie inside your walls without detection until it’s too late to handle things affordably. Termites especially. Bees are dangerous and only a pro pest control should be employed. Animals and insects excrete both waste and other materials that can do considerable damage to wood and other materials so that’s why you need to take care of the problem under your roof as soon as you notice them.
It’s no surprise that weather is the number one cause of roof damage. That being said, after every storm of magnitude the roof should be inspected. Use the right weatherproofing and inspect the roof and repair anything prior to each season. We never know how severe the seasons’ weather will bring but it’s better to be safe than sorry.
Taking care of your home through proper roof maintenance means diligence and sharp eyes.
Image credit: pixeltweaks
Posted on November 28, 2017 by
Irrespective of the fact that you are installing a new roof from scratch or replacing the old roof, many materials are available in the market. The options are virtually endless with options ranging from asphalt, composite shingles, wood, concrete, clay tiles, slates, etc. The style is not the only important aspect, but you need to consider the weight of the material, the product costs and the necessary installation requirements. Hence, when you are going to choose a new roof for the house, always ensure you are considering the following points:
Before finalizing the materials, it is important to check the specs. Instead of square feet, roofers measure the roof in squares. Here a single square measures 100 square feet (10x10ft) in the area. Hence, if the house measures 2500 square foot in the area and has a gable roof measuring 1,875 square feet, you need to buy 188-190 squares in total.
Pricing of the material is the next important thing. The costs would substantially be high in case you are remodeling the house and stripping off the old materials. Additional expenses would also include the costs involved in repairing the supporting structure. Lastly, the shape of the roof will also be a major determinant too. While a gable roof having few breaks will be a simple roofing task, a house with multiple chimneys, turrets, intersecting rooflines skylights, etc. would substantially increase your costs.
It is not possible to use every type of roofing material on any roof. A flat roof or the one having a low slope will need a different material like a steeper pitch. The standard options that are available in the market include:
Asphalt Shingle: It is widely popular due to the minimal cost factor and the ease of installation. Made of fiberglass, it is impregnated with asphalt and comes with a surface similar to the sand-like granules. The prices start as low as $50 per square and go up with the kind of shingle that is selected and installed.
Wood: Use of wood for roof dates back to centuries and remains among the favorite options. The options range from redwood, southern pine, cedar, etc. Wood has a life expectancy of 25 years but costs twice as much as the other materials such as asphalt shingles.
Metal: Copper, steel, copper & asphalt, Aluminum, lead and other similar durable materials are also used for roofing purposes. Typically expensive, most of these are manufactured as seamed roofs comprising of vertical lengths of metal connected using a solder. Their range starts from $250.
Tile & Cement: Known as half cylinders of tile roofing, they are common on Spanish Colonial and Mission styles. They are expensive but highly durable and heavy.
Slate: Another durable material, slates are available from different quarries. They are sourced from Vermont, Pennsylvania and other states also provide multiple options. Starting from $800 a square, these can last for hundred years and above with low maintenance.
Finalizing your Choice
When it comes to remodeling, the existing roof of the house plays a most important role to complete the best roofing material. However, other factors such as texture, color, durability, weight, etc. will also be some of the crucial points to consider.
Key Installation Notes
Use flashing for exterior work on the roof and its siding. It is usually a metal or a plastic film that is applied in strips around areas where dissimilar materials are joined.
Irrespective of the choice of roof materials, coursing needs to be parallel to the edges. It is important that the joints are staggered from a course to the other to prevent any leakage.
Use cedar shakes or lengths of furring strips laid across the roof for allowing the roof to breathe.
For professional roofing services that are affordable and offered from experienced roofers, Kidder Roofing is a reliable name in the Clearwater area. For availing their services, dial 727-532-2300 or follow them on social media.
Image credit: paulbr75
Going with a metal roofing system for your home will benefit you and your family in many ways, both in the short and long run.
For starters, metal roofing is a much more efficient, practical, and affordable solution for preserving the integrity of your home, as well as saving you a multitude of other costs in the process.
There are many reasons why you should consider metal roofing, so read on to review the Top 10 reasons to invest in metal roofing the next time you consider repairing or replacing your current roof.
1. For starters, going with a metal roofing system means you’ll have the best roofing installation and materials in the market when it comes to preventing fires. Metal roofs, by industrial standards, are Class A which is the highest class for preventing fires, making them practically “fireproof.”
2. While competing for roof setups rely on materials like asphalt that only last an average of 15-20 years, metal roofing in almost every instance will last between 30-50 years, and in many cases will include up to a 50-year manufacturer’s warranty.
3. A metal roof is a perfect solution if you live in an exceptionally sunny or hot climate, as metal roofing will reflect UV rays and thereby prevent any UV damage and the unwanted wear and tear that comes along with it.
4. Unlike wooden or concrete tile roofs, metal roofing won’t dry out, crack, or ‘curl.’ Also consider, concrete roofing systems although quite durable, do not hold up well against freeze/thaw cycles which are a major drawback regarding stability or your roofs overall integrity or longevity.
5. A Metal Roof will retain both its strength and cosmetic appearance over the years while competing and often more expensive roofing materials will not – and also require more consistent, extensive and costly repairs from maintenance over the years.
6. If you’re looking for the most environmentally-friendly solution for your next roof, then metal roofing is the perfect solution! According to statistics, more than 20 billion pounds of asphalt shingles are dumped in land-fills yearly! While metal roofs, on the other hand, are made from 56% all the way up to 95% in recycled materials.
7. Metal roofs are unique, as they can minimize labor and cost while maximizing convenience by being placed on top of current roofing setups, and for a fraction of the price of other leading inrdustry materials and brands.
8. Going with a metal roofing installation also means saved costs on insurance, as home insurance companies give preference and discounts to those with metal roofs in comparison to other materials. In fact, in the course of having to replace your asphalt shingle roofs twice over the period of 30 years, you’d still have the same, durable, and brilliant metal roof up and running just fine, for 50 years or more!
9. Metal roofs serve a great added purpose of saving you costs for heating or air-conditioning your home, as it is the industry’s leading material for effectively preserving insulation.
10. For anyone interested in investing in a metal roof it’s also worth considering that metal roofing is one of the most lightweight in the industry – at just an average of 50-150lbs per square. This means an easier and faster installation, which amounts to fewer labor costs for installation – as well as maintenance costs.
Trusting metal roofing for your next home installation repair or repair also offers many other benefits, like structuring your roof to have minimum roof pitch, which equals less of a leaking potential when it rains. The minimum metal roof pitch is 3-in-12 and is excellent for shedding away both rain and snow – as the panels interlock.
Metal roofs are also made both hard for durability, as well as slippery for keeping debris and other elements from weathering off your roof. Best of all, there are practically identical amounts of various beautiful styles of metal roofing to choose from, that will match any home or neighborhood.
Finally, metal roofing installations come with concealed fasteners which add both to beauty and weather tightness, and many have transferable warranties which mean the next owner of your home can easily obtain the same benefits and guarantee of your homes roof.
From Kynar 500 to Hylar 5000 coatings, there is a metal roofing setup for everyone in nearly any climate!
image credit: mrtwister