May 2020 M T W T F S S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- 100% Free Online Dating Site
- asia charm
- Best Essay Writing Service
- Best Paper Writing Service
- Best Writing Services 2019
- bridge of love
- charm date
- cheap essays
- cherry blossoms
- College Paper Writing Services
- Dating Online Study
- Dissertation Service
- dream marriage
- elenas models
- essay writer
- Essay Writer Service
- Essay Writing Websites
- filipino cupid
- Find Long Term Love
- Foreign Women For Marriage
- love swans
- Metal Roofing
- New Russian Brides Profiles
- oemsoftwarestore org
- Order Essay Paper
- Pay For Essay
- Pay For Essay Reviews
- Professional Resume Writing Service
- research paper writing
- romance compass
- Roof maintenance
- Roof Repair
- Roof Replacement
- Roofing Company
- Roofing Contractor
- rose brides
- ru brides
- russian brides
- russian brides club
- russian girls
- russian women
- russian women personals
- Shingle Roofing
- Shingles Roof
- Students Essay Writing Service 2019
- Tile Roof
- ukraine date
- ukrainian brides
- victoria brides
- Write Essay For Me
- Write My Essay
- Write My Essay Online
- Write My Paper
Tag Archives: Shingle roofing
Elon Musk, the head honcho of Tesla Inc. that pioneered the large-scale use of plug-in electric cars and also specializing in energy storage solutions and solar panels, declared at a conclave that solar energy could power the entire US. At the National Governors Association Summer Conference held in July, he elaborated on how all the homes throughout US can be powered up solely with solar roof tiles. He elucidated that it would require a reasonably small area in Utah, Texas or California for installing 100 sq. miles of solar panels in order to accomplish the task.
Last year in October, Tesla released its up-to-the-minute products-an advanced Powerpack 2 and Powerwall 2, energy storage solutions and a versatile solar roof. In that year, Musk bought out SolarCity, a frontline photovoltaic cell manufacturing firm shelling out US$2.6 billion, synergizing its operations with those of Tesla. The merger enabled the innovative entrepreneur to promote the entire product line of Tesla, including solar roofs capable of fully replacing fossil fuels for meeting a home’s overall energy needs.
The energy that Tesla’s solar roofing taps from the rays of the sun is preserved in the Powerwall 2 which is technically speaking a battery for use in residences with a 14kWh rating. At daytime, the rows of solar shingles or tiles produce electricity as well as charge up the battery packs which thereafter lights up homes at night and also runs sundry appliances. Subsequently, the homeowner is relieved from the necessity of subscribing to a conventional utility service for fulfilling his electricity requirements.
Does it imply that solar roofs of Tesla will give utility and energy companies, a run for their money and eventually compel them to go out of business? As of now, that is still just a remote possibility and hence the idea may seem a little farfetched presently. Coming back to basics, each and every unit of Powerwall is sufficiently capable of supplying electrical power for a whole day.
To be precise, a typical Powerwall battery can be restructured and adapted to deliver the combined power of 9 such packs from a single unit. Alternatively, Powerpack2 which has been exclusively designed for heavy-duty commercial use is scalable to an unlimited extent. The solar roof is made up of photovoltaic cell units that are layered with glass tiles and colored optical louver films.
Tesla right now is offering four different types of solar tiles that have been designed with painstaking care which makes them appear like traditional terracotta, slate, wooden, asbestos, and metallic roofing shingles. Elon has taken advantage of a hydrographic printing technique for making his solar panels look nearly identical to conventional rooftop materials. Musk’s company started taking orders shortly after the conclave in which he outlined the benefits of the solar tiles.
And Tesla began processing the orders and rolling out the roofs from August. Melon is confident that the homeowner will be able to recoup his or her solar roof investment over a 30-year period and accordingly offering a warranty for a similar time period.
Image credit: Tesla
Shingle roofs are gaining significant popularity in today’s modern homes, as well as those looking to upgrade their roofing systems without spending too much or losing out on long-term benefits of a stable, practical roof.
Below you’ll find the top 10 reasons why shingle roofing makes the most sense for your home and is in fact quite comparable to other, leading materials and roofing setups that easily cost up to four times or more of the price of shingle roofs.
1. Shingle roofs provide the perfect solution for a more aesthetic appeal, yet cost a fraction of the price of more sophisticated or costly premium material roofing like slate, clay tiles, metal, and cedar shakes. Shingle roofs require the lowest upfront costs, and because it is the most affordable short-term solution is becoming more popular. In fact, asphalt shingle roofs, for example, have an expected lifespan of at least 12 to 17 years, which is pretty fair considering the costs paid and overall quality.
2. Going with a shingle roofing setup means you’ll be able to choose from not only a comparably similar variety of colors and styles but also between organic and fiberglass tiling options.
3. A shingle roof setup will still hold up to rain and other common weather elements, and typically either include a unique mineral ‘filler’ or asphalt layer that protects and reflects both sun and rain.
4. Organic shingles are more durable than other fiberglass shingle roofing systems, yet cost much less. Customers can also invest in not only 3-Tab shingle tiles but also Laminated and Premium designs as well – making them the perfect match for both contemporary and traditional styled homes.
3-Tab shingles are practical and often come with 20-30 years of limited warranty – and can also withstand up to 60mph-70mph wind uplift which is pretty impressive. At approximately just $25-$30 per bundle, this is a very cost effective way of both protecting and giving your home the stylish appearance you desire.
5. Any average roofing contractor can install shingle roofing, which means less out of pocket costs as opposed to requiring a specialist to install your roofing system.
6. Shingle roofing systems are much lighter, which means they are not only easier to install as mentioned above, but will also cost less money, and be more flexible when it comes to windy days, which is a major plus.
7. For matching a broad range of angled roofs, shingle roofs are the perfect, versatile solution.
8. You may choose from a variety of premium grades or types of shingle roofing, such as laminated or premium. Outside of these two, you may also elect to go with a “matt design” which means both more reflection of light, as well as a more durable build that will provide an excellent cost to value for weather resistant design. Assembling shingle roofs also require no accessories or specialized labor like wall terminations, chimney, or vent flashings which mean you again save money on installation.
9. Installing a shingle roof will still give the same, desirable “3D” effect for your house without the extra costs of a more specialized, costly, and expensive to maintain roofing system.
10. Shingle roofs are designed with a Class 1 Fire Rating which means they’ll hold up very well in normal hot temperatures – within reason – although would not be an ideal choice for consistently humid and hot climates, in places such as Arizona or Florida for example.
Shingle roofs come in various, stunning color palettes, and even protect against external noise – so your home stays both safe and peaceful. Popular choices for tile roofing are Crowne Salte and Cambridge. Many shingle roofing systems also come with impact resistance (IR) and are available in at least 12 colors.
A shingle roofing setup is also perfect for steep-sloped structures, which is not as common with more premium materials like clay tiles or cedar shakes.
Best of all, tile roofs require less maintenance, and it is nowhere near as costly as competing for roofing systems. You can even walk across your tile roofing and not have to worry about breaking or caving in your roof!
So, the bigger question is, why shouldn’t you get a tile roof?
Picture Credit: Darryl Brooks